Chapter 64 Scholarship
The DAV Chapter 64 announces the 2023 DAV Chapter 64 Scholarship Awards Program. Under the Program, four (4) $1000 scholarships will be awarded to 1) volunteers in service to veterans and 2) for relatives of veterans. Each program will provide 2 awards (1 for a Swampscott resident and 1 for a Lynn resident). The scholarships can be used for any accredited post high school education.
Program Guidelines & Eligibility
- Applicant must be a Lynn or Swampscott resident.
- Applicant must be a Graduating High School Senior or entering or returning student at an accredited post high school educational institution in the United States.
- Applicant must submit, in his or her own words, an essay of no more than 500 words:
- on what volunteering for veterans means for them. (Volunteer scholarship)
- considering how divided we are as a nation, what is your main concern for the future of our country, and how can we help it heal. (DAV relative scholarship)
- Volunteer scholarship
- Scholarships can be awarded to any volunteer who has volunteered through DAV or DAV Auxiliary.
- Volunteer hours can be accumulated at a VA medical center, and/or the Local Veterans Assistance Program (LVAP) and/or local veteran service organizations. Hours must be credited to Disabled American Veterans.
- DAV relative scholarship
- Applicant must be a natural or adopted descendant of a member of the Disabled American Veterans, Dept. of MA (sons, daughter, grandsons, granddaughters, nieces, nephews, cousins).
- Applicant must provide proof of relationship and that the veteran is a member of the Disabled American Veterans.
- Application and essays must be typed or printed legibly in its entirety.
- Applicant may submit only ONE Application.
- Applicant must sign and date authentication verifying identity. Parent or Guardian signature is also required if applicant is under the age of 18.
- All Applications must be received no later than May 31. Applications and essays may be mailed to Andrea Gayle-Bennett at c/o DAV Chapter 64, 8 Pine St., Swampscott, MA 01907
- Scholarships can be used at any accredited post high school institution; to include universities, colleges, community colleges, vocational schools, etc.
- Scholarships must be utilized in full prior within 6 years of receiving the scholarship.
- Applications for the award must be submitted by the applicant.
DAV Chapter 64 will select two (2) winners (1 Lynn resident and 1 Swampscott resident) for each of these Scholarships from all eligible applications for a total of 4 winners. The winners will be notified by certified mail in a letter with an accompanying invitation to the June 2023 DAV chapter meeting to receive the scholarship award. If unavailable for the June meeting, a check will be mailed to the recipients. If there are any questions, please contact Andrea Gayle-Bennett via email at email@example.com.